Camel 4MID® Kit (proAKAP4 marker)
Product ref : 4VDX-19K11
The Camel 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-19K11) allows to quantify the proAKAP4 amount in samples of camel semen as a marker of sperm quality and male fertility.
This robust ELISA Kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality in camelids.
Application : in vitro determination of proAKAP4 concentrations in camelid sperm (all breeds)
For Research Use Only / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use
Description of the Camel 4MID®Kit
The Camel 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-19K11) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein marker named proAKAP4 in samples of camel semen.
The dosage of the proAKAP4 amount with the Camel 4MID® Kit brings:
- Objective information on semen quality
- Qualification of each breeding male and their ejaculates
- Pertinent parameter to improve sperm cryopreservation
- Selection of semen with long-lasting motility at post-thaw
- A functional indicator correlated to fertility
- A tool for checking the straw quality at post-thaw
- A functional indicator of male fertility
- A robust, cost-effective and easy to run method to optimize semen collection and preservation in camelids
The Camel 4MID® Kit is only available from SPQI S.A.S and all its partner worldwide.
Reagents provided in the Camel 4MID® Kit
The Camel 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-19K11) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in camel semen.
- One Microplate pre-coated with the Capture Antibody
- Seven vials of Standard for quantification (ready to use)
- One vial of Detection Antibody
- One bottle of the Enzyme Reagent
- One bottle of 10X Wash Buffer
- One bottle of the Sample Diluant
- One bottle of the Acid Stop Solution
- One bottle of the Lysis Buffer (specific of camelid semen)
- Two ELISA plate sealers
Technical data of Camel 4MID®Kit
- Name: Camel 4MID® Kit
- Product reference : 4VDX-19K11
- Specificity : Camel proAKAP4 / All breeds / Small and big camelids
- Method : ELISA / 96 well plate
- Analytical range : 0 ng to 150 ng
- Sample type : Fresh ejaculates, chilled or frozen camel semen / isolated spermatozoa
- 1 to 88 samples can be run simultaneously or individually (12 strips of 8 wells per 96 well plate / per kit)
Easy to use immunoassay, Easy to interpret
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Contact our specialists for a request of quotation or any questions relating to the set up of a biomarker analysis of the quality of the semen